Let's face it; moving day is no picnic! Packing and moving is never easy, whether you're moving to the other side of town or across the country. Use this essential checklist to help make your move to Winston Salem, High Point and Greensboro as seamless and stress-free as possible!
Before You Move
Don't wait until the last minute! Start packing and planning as soon as possible to alleviate some of the stress.
Handy Packing Tips
- Reinforce: Use sturdy, reinforced boxes. And don't be afraid to get friendly with bubble wrap and other packing material for fragile items.
- Innovate: Pack dishes, bowls, plates, and other glass objects vertically, rather than flat and stacked. For extra padding, pack glasses and stemware inside socks.
- Pack small: Pack heavier items in smaller boxes so they're easier to carry.
- Prevent leaks: Remove the tops and cover the openings of soaps, shampoos, and lotions with cling wrap, then twist the caps back on. You can also use cling wrap around dresser drawers or jewelry displays to keep them intact, or around furniture to prevent scratches.
- Prepare: Create an "Open Me First" box containing personal items that you will need immediately, such as toilet paper, soap, instant coffee, tools and box cutters, and paper dishes. Make sure it's one of the first things off the moving truck.
- Label, label, label! There's nothing worse than trying to unpack a disorganized mess! Make the transition to your new home seamless by carefully organizing and labeling boxes by room so you'll know just where to put them in your new house. (Even better - color code!)
On Moving Day
It's not just the packing that's overwhelming - moving day itself can be very stressful if you're not prepared. Here are some tips for a low-stress moving day.
After You Move
Still Have Questions or Ready to Buy a Home in Winston Salem, High Point and Greensboro?
If you're ready to find the perfect home in Winston Salem, High Point and Greensboro or you have any questions about buying a home or real estate in Winston Salem, High Point and Greensboro, then it's time to contact Method Properties. We're your local guide to all things Winston Salem, High Point and Greensboro and we're more than happy to help! Want to learn more about buying a home in Winston Salem, High Point and Greensboro? We've got plenty of resources to help you out!